Author Topic: How do you insert an image to a post?  (Read 852 times)

How do you insert an image to a post?
« on: February 20, 2019, 09:45:02 pm »
Sorry if this is really obvious but I know there is a button to insert an image. I'm not sure what to do once I click the button though.

kypherion

Re: How do you insert an image to a post?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 10:19:41 pm »
When posting, above the text box there's a mona lisa icon. Paste the image address between the generated text after pressing the button.

Ex:  [img [/img]<--- Put image address there
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 10:41:51 pm »
I transfer a lot of photos to imgur so I can resize them and also get a variety of embedded image links for the image. You can also copy and paste image URLs by clicking on the Mona Lisa picture and pasting them in there.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 12:02:32 am »
When posting, above the text box there's a mona lisa icon. Paste the image address between the generated text after pressing the button.

Ex:  [img [/img]http://<--- Put image address there

I think you got the tag wrong, in my experience your're suppose to put the image address into the center,

(Some may disagree with my recommendation to use facebook but I never had issues) it was discussed earlier

First off you need to find an image hosting site (You Could Use Facebook)------- first upload an image to your computer if it is not already on your computer

#1: Open 2 Browser Tabs one for facebook or another photo hosting site, and on the other tab, the VGcollect post screen

than log into your facebook profile then upload the photo in a post, with a PC try to right click the image after you post it and click on the "Copy Image Address" option

Then right click on the VG posting screen then click paste,

then highlight the link (in the posting space)
then click on the Mona Lisa icon you should see something like this {img}photo link here{/img}
except you should actually see [] instead of {} around the img codes

then post, into the VGcollect as normal.

note you can write in text both under the photo or on top of the photo

But keep in mind what this member wrote on a thread regarding Facebook, but note that this can happen to any free image hosting site

From what I remember a few years ago when I still had Facebook, I noticed that the URL for pics on FB would change.  So any pics you linked to a forum would no longer show up.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 01:37:29 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Flashback2012

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 08:11:15 am »
I think you got the tag wrong, in my experience your're suppose to put the image address into the center

Correct, the image URL is supposed to go between the bracketed commands, (bracket)img(bracket) address URL (bracket)/img(bracket)

.jpg or .jpeg tends to work whereas .png gives me fits.

(Some may disagree with my recommendation to use facebook but I never had issues) it was discussed earlier

Yeah, that's a no from me dawg. I use FB on the daily (though I'm iron-fisted in what info gets shared) but I can't in good conscience send anyone to Schmuckerberg's site to use even in just an image hosting capacity. I'd refer them to Imgur or even Flickr if need be.  :P

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 09:46:35 am »
Forum tip: you can use code tags to display text including BB codes so that they do not get parsed by the forum. The button on the post toolbar is #.

Code: [Select]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/ho21rwl.gif[/img]