Author Topic: The one event to make the most money  (Read 1743 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

The one event to make the most money
« on: March 19, 2019, 05:15:32 pm »
So, I was talking with a buddy of mine. We got to talking about if you had a Back to the Future style time machine, what one thing could you go back and do to make the most money? 
Biff did sports betting, but I think if you won big or bet big you could alter the outcome. So, so it has to be one thing. One single shot.
We kicked around the Microsoft stock in the 80’s, Apple stocks before the ipod, and one of those big lotteries. What do y’all think would make you the wealthiest?

sworddude

Re: The one event to make the most money
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 05:20:41 pm »
either buying google apple or bit coin stocks when they where small. even a poor man had  enough money to invest in these to become rich.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 09:29:45 pm »
Investing in apple sounds good or even nike

wolfen

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 11:43:14 pm »
Easily bitcoin. You could make many millions over a very short couple of years or even months if you go back to the right time, then store a good chunk into a savings account and wisely use the rest to live comfortably.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 01:50:30 am »
Easily bitcoin. You could make many millions over a very short couple of years or even months if you go back to the right time, then store a good chunk into a savings account and wisely use the rest to live comfortably.

I have an acquaintance this happened to. He was buying up Bitcoin like crazy in the early 2010s and also mining it as well. I know very little about bitcoin, but to my understanding he had like 30k in bitcoin around 2015 and when it took off he essentially ran into a windfall of cash. I haven't seen much of him since this happened, but I imagine he is doing very well now.

rayne315

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 02:52:38 pm »

I have an acquaintance this happened to. He was buying up Bitcoin like crazy in the early 2010s and also mining it as well. I know very little about bitcoin, but to my understanding he had like 30k in bitcoin around 2015 and when it took off he essentially ran into a windfall of cash. I haven't seen much of him since this happened, but I imagine he is doing very well now.

heck if you would have just been in the first 100 people to start mining and never sold It you would have made millions! at one point very early on you could have bought a BTC for something like $.20-.50 each. just $100 worth at 50 cents would have made you 3.6Mill if you sold around its peak and got 18,000 out of it.

I had a friend who mined it when it was around $50-100 a coin and he was making a decent chunk of money out of it. his problem was that he never kept anything he mined and sold it all immediately. all told he probably mined 100-150 total coins.

but there are thousands of possible investments that could have made you rich.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 02:55:06 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 05:14:02 pm »
A $2 powerball ticket on Jan 9, 2016 would have made you $949,800,000.
That’s a hard return to beat.

pzeke

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 09:41:36 pm »
I would go back in time when I was at a Sam's Club and completely ignored Tomba! and The Misadventures of Tron Bonne. Or the time I was at a Blockbuster Video and decided to get Double Dragon Advance instead of Ninja Five-O. Sam's had like 20+ (maybe more) of those games, and Blockbuster I remember had like 5; I honestly would just go back in time and get them all. Greedy, I know. Sounds stupid, but I seriously hate the fact I held these games and ultimately missed out on them.

A $2 powerball ticket on Jan 9, 2016 would have made you $949,800,000.
That’s a hard return to beat.

When I was little, a friend of the family usually asked me to give him the numbers for the lottery. He always played the numbers the exact way I said, until one day, for whatever reason, he decided to mix them. I don't remember the exact prize, but so happens that the number I gave turned out to be the winner. What's worse is that nobody claimed it. Some of the numbers matched, though, so I got like $50 out of it.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!