Author Topic: New unoffical NES and SNES games  (Read 2054 times)

mastodon

New unoffical NES and SNES games
« on: March 20, 2019, 12:51:43 pm »
I was wondering what's you guys experience is with new unofficial games. I've heard about some Castlevania and Zelda games. I'm interested in checking out Iron Commando. https://vgcollect.com/item/128808

Re: New unoffical NES and SNES games
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 06:15:59 am »
I was wondering what's you guys experience is with new unofficial games. I've heard about some Castlevania and Zelda games. I'm interested in checking out Iron Commando. https://vgcollect.com/item/128808

It's great to hear that their still making 8-bit and 16-bit video games, are those ROM only? does anyone know if these are actual cartridge/physical release video games? I know etsy's website used (and may still) to sell
multi-carts, I bought what I now believe is a rare copy, of one of theirs. But there no telling if there is a reason for it. I mean if there is a defect in my cartridge I am not aware.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 06:17:55 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pzeke

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 07:52:37 am »
Yeah, it's a physical release done by Piko Interactive - it's a translation of Iron Commando: Koutetsu no Senshi. Played it a couple of years ago via emulation and while it's enjoyable, it's a run of the mill beat 'em up. Undercover Cops on the other hand...

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 09:21:11 am »
I think it’s great that companies still put out games for those consoles.  It kind of sucks that they can be so expensive, but it makes sense for the time and resources that get poured in by what are essentially lone people.

I’ve been wanting to get and try out Battle Kid for ages.

sworddude

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 06:40:18 pm »
I think it’s great that companies still put out games for those consoles.  It kind of sucks that they can be so expensive, but it makes sense for the time and resources that get poured in by what are essentially lone people.

I’ve been wanting to get and try out Battle Kid for ages.

physical copies yes they are pricy but aren't there options to only buy the roms or download I'm pretty sure this is the case with pretty much all these examples for low download or rom only prices. wich is like 10$ or something
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 03:05:55 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

pzeke

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 07:40:28 pm »
Buy the ROM?

Anyway, the game is $39.99 for the cart only and $49.99 complete. Taking into consideration most games today cost $60, those two options don't seem bad.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

megasilverx1

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 09:11:02 pm »
I've only purchased two physical unofficial games (unless you count repro games like Wily Wars or fan translations): Battle Kid for NES and Rikki & Vikki for Atari 7800.

In terms of purchasing: I can't really vouch for my experience getting Battle Kid since it was a Birthday gift back in 2011, but as for R&V, the game was shipped quickly, came in a nice almost official looking 7800 game box with a fold out manual, and other little goodies.

In terms of playing: Battle Kid was stupidly hard but fair. Although once I beat the game, I haven't really replayed it like I do with other retro games probably due to the difficulty. Rikki & Vikki has been fun but I'm holding off on playing more of it until I get a better controller because the American 7800 controller is terrible. R&V is also on Steam and unlike the 7800 version, it can save your progress and score.

sworddude

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 03:05:24 am »
Buy the ROM?

Anyway, the game is $39.99 for the cart only and $49.99 complete. Taking into consideration most games today cost $60, those two options don't seem bad.

for people who want to play the game on the original console on an everdrive you have the option to buy the rom. usually around 10$ more or less from what I've heard
Your Stylish Sword Master!

pzeke

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2019, 09:34:13 am »
Unless you're referencing an official service, which I doubt, anybody that pays for ROMs is doing it wrong. Full stop.

I've actually come across a few listings on eBay of people trying to swindle others this way...camouflaged as a microSD.

mastodon

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 11:42:02 am »
Anyone tried the Zelda and Castlevania unofficial games?

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 10:28:47 pm »
Anyone tried the Zelda and Castlevania unofficial games?

I haven't but knowing other Zelda games a little, I think it mite be good. Thank you for the news @mastodon :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"