Author Topic: If Were To Sell Your Video Games How Much Would You Charge Per Game  (Read 2403 times)

I am not too sure but. If I had no choice I would probably sell at a low $5-$10USD price because it's fairly reasonable for video games, and that is what mostly everyone is charging for most  used retro games in my area today. (especially disc based games)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 04:55:45 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: If Were To Sell Your Video Games How Much Would You Charge Per Game
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 05:12:29 pm »
Depends on the game.  I usually look at the ebay average for sold games and then generally charge less than that.  Common stuff tends to fall into the 5 to 10 bucks range.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 05:16:36 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 05:26:48 pm »
Completely dependent on the game.  I’ve got carts that are worth $2 all the way up to $250-300.

sworddude

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 06:33:25 pm »
i think he means what people find fair to charge for a used game and in his opinion it is 5 to 10$ no matter how rare the game is and  the value it goes for.

I personally highly doubt that even he would stick to such things unless he only owns cheaper games. Nobody is dumb enough to sell there rare games for such prices. I would for sure not that's just stupid. or If I really had to choose I'd say I just don't sell it it was way to hard to get certain games and with low reward absolutely zero % chance that I would sell it.

Also if these games especially the better ones really where only worth such amounts I can assure you that many people will be keeping there games and that the good stuff will vanish in an instant. Will be very hard to get the good or the more rare games if value was that low unless a game is in a production run current gen. Sellers will never keep good games in stock and markets would be filled with trash games all over the place with exceptions for consoles such as the ps3 xbox 360 and some other ones.

5 to 10$ is usually either filler trash material or in the best case a very excellent but very common title. the filler trash materials rarely if ever sell for such prices so usually you could cut those prices by quite allot.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 07:02:45 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 07:31:21 pm »
I think, for common/less sought titles, $5-10 is a good place to start if you don't want to search each price individually. I'd be looking up prices, as my games vary from several hundred dollars (Magic Knight Rayearth, Popful Mail) to 'force someone to take it for free' (Sonic 2- and yes, I did do this once).

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 07:41:02 pm »
i think he means what people find fair to charge for a used game and in his opinion it is 5 to 10$ no matter how rare the game is and  the value it goes for.

I personally highly doubt that even he would stick to such things unless he only owns cheaper games. Nobody is dumb enough to sell there rare games for such prices. I would for sure not that's just stupid.

I don't own any rare games, I honestly never paid more than $30 for a used game in my collection, $40 is the highest I spend for a game. all my cartridges are loose but most of my disc based games do have the case and manual. I don't own anything rare or sought after in fact some of what in my collection is off a ROM cartridge I bought 500 games for about $56USD once. If anyone sells a game for a higher price they are probably going to sell it off ebay.

you can believe I'm troll all you want but I honestly don't have any rare games, that most people will buy

I do keep a collection because like you I'm a collector but I don't go for $100 plus single games that are so called rare. I would rather spend my $100USD plus on a console or a new PC. Some games are ridiculous and values go down over time sometimes.

Some people buy a video game expensive and it goes down in value, but like some have stated somethings go up in value, it's a gamble
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 08:07:56 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 08:41:41 pm »
You’ve got to keep in mind there’s a big difference between what we would sell a game for and how much we paid for it.  My most expensive cart is Mega Man X2 which sells for anywhere in between $100-$150 but I only paid like $20 for it.  I wouldn’t ask that if were to unload it, because I know how much it’s worth.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 08:49:07 pm »
It depends on size of each independent collection and basic value of individual games example my nes collection is about 19.00 per game at about 715 copies my value per game is higher for my saturn collection at about 30.00 per game at about 156 copies. But this is based on selling each collection as a whole.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 08:54:19 pm by wartoy »

Flashback2012

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 08:52:44 pm »
I don't own any rare games

Either you don't know what a rare game is you're lying through your teeth about what's in your collection.

It says you own the following...

https://vgcollect.com/item/22501 (1941: Counter Attack)

https://vgcollect.com/item/10460 (Shining Force II)

https://vgcollect.com/item/9826 (Metal Slug AES)

Hell, let's expand on that and show your whole AES Collection... https://vgcollect.com/oldgamerz/neogeous

Not to mention you own dedicated arcade machines, conversions and CPS-1/II boards.

1941 on SuperGrafx was rare when I owned it 15-20 years ago and was fetching over $100 back then. Metal Slug 1 was always a couple of hundred to start and has only gone up since. You may not have paid "rare prices" but it's nonsense to say you don't own any rare games when any one of us can look up your collection with a few clicks.

I honestly never paid more than $30 for a used game in my collection, $40 is the highest I spend for a game. all my cartridges are loose but most of my disc based games do have the case and manual. I don't own anything rare or sought after in fact some of what in my collection is off a ROM cartridge I bought 500 games for about $56USD once. If anyone sells a game for a higher price they are probably going to sell it off ebay.

So the above listed games were bought new? Is the sky the limit on new games? If $40 is the highest you'll spend for game, I'd LOVE to meet the person who sold you those arcade machines/boards for so cheap and see if they have anything I can sucker them out of for pennies.

you can believe I'm troll all you want but I honestly don't have any rare games, that most people will buy

All that stuff listed above is quite desirable. I'm not saying you're a troll but I wouldn't be surprised if you lived under a bridge and had a thing for billy goats.

I do keep a collection because like you I'm a collector but I don't go for $100 plus single games that are so called rare. I would rather spend my $100USD plus on a console or a new PC. Some games are ridiculous and values go down over time sometimes.

Some people buy a video game expensive and it goes down in value, but like some have stated somethings go up in value, it's a gamble

Far be it from me to determine what a collector is. Some would look at my collection and say I'm more hoarder than collector and they'd probably be right depending on the context. Having perused your collection I've noticed is is largely FPS and sports games. Then there's the arcade machines and the standouts listed above that do fetch a nice amount on the market so again, it's erroneous on your part to say you own nothing rare/desirable.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 09:09:34 pm »
I don't own the actuall hardware, I added some them from my PS2 arcade  compilations. so sue me you have no reason to call me out on anything because I am not calling you out on anything

I wanted to see how many games I really had but I no longer add compilation disc to my collection. So to prove I am not a troll If you want those games for cheap I highly recommend you pick out those various PS2 compilation while most of them are under $20 a piece

(edit) keep notice the "Taito Legends 1" and Intellivision Lives" are both Blue PS2 games some PlayStation 2's  don't  read the Blue Coated shiny side discs.

but you can also buy the OG Xbox or PC version of Taito Legends 1

https://www.retrogamerrandomness.com/2016/09/game-compilations-for-ps2.html
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 05:40:05 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 12:45:25 am »
I think a more interesting question is how much your collection is worth.

As everyone else has said and everyone is probably going to say, it depends on the game. I wouldn't let Panzer Dragoon Saga go for $10, but I'd probably sell Demon's Souls for that much.

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 01:45:37 am »

As everyone else has said and everyone is probably going to say, it depends on the game. I wouldn't let Panzer Dragoon Saga go for $10, but I'd probably sell Demon's Souls for that much.

I agree with all of this, but I'll give the thread idea for someone else :) but I don't think I'll be getting any rare video game like Panzer Dragoon Saga though, unless it was a newer copy and cheaper baring a miracle

and there is a slight chance that some of the copies of that game are shot with disc rot or scratched to the brim. But that is just a guess
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 01:54:22 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

sworddude

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 05:51:08 am »

I agree with all of this, but I'll give the thread idea for someone else :) but I don't think I'll be getting any rare video game like Panzer Dragoon Saga though, unless it was a newer copy and cheaper baring a miracle

and there is a slight chance that some of the copies of that game are shot with disc rot or scratched to the brim. But that is just a guess

Oldgamers Let's say you where to aquire a panzer dragoon saga for 10$. Would you sell it for 10$ since it is a used game wich you find to be a fair price for a used game even though aside from the value you will probably never find it again for that price.

Also aside from disc rot or a super damaged disc 10$ for the manual alone. manuals of pricy games are worth far more than 10$ sometimes even 50% of the value of the cib game.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 06:45:09 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 07:15:33 am »
I don't own the actuall hardware, I added some them from my PS2 arcade  compilations. so sue me you have no reason to call me out on anything because I am not calling you out on anything

I wanted to see how many games I really had but I no longer add compilation disc to my collection. So to prove I am not a troll If you want those games for cheap I highly recommend you pick out those various PS2 compilation while most of them are under $20 a piece

(edit) keep notice the "Taito Legends 1" and Intellivision Lives" are both Blue PS2 games some PlayStation 2's  don't  read the Blue Coated shiny side discs.

but you can also buy the OG Xbox or PC version of Taito Legends 1

https://www.retrogamerrandomness.com/2016/09/game-compilations-for-ps2.html

Yes, we understand that compilations exist... that's why there are compilations in the VG Collect database.  I haven't added all of the individual Mega Man X SNES and PS1 game to my collection because I have the Mega Man X Legacy Collection for Switch - I added the Mega Man X Legacy Collection for Switch.  Compilations can sometimes (rarely) be worth more than the games inside.

If that's how you want to use the site, that's your prerogative, but just be aware that is not how the vast majority of the rest of us use it.

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 07:34:04 am »

Oldgamers Let's say you where to aquire a panzer dragoon saga for 10$. Would you sell it for 10$ since it is a used game wich you find to be a fair price for a used game even though aside from the value you will probably never find it again for that price.

Also aside from disc rot or a super damaged disc 10$ for the manual alone. manuals of pricy games are worth far more than 10$ sometimes even 50% of the value of the cib game.

I probably would buy it and keep it as long as I could. I know people some people pay $500USD for a game like that, but I would not pay what people are asking for that game, Rare games don't really mean much to me. I have other on rail shooters in my collection.

In other words I don't really know because first off I didn't contribute toward any development of any of my games so what gives me the God given right to make a small fortune off the hard work of someone else.  But that is just my religion I am sorry and I am not trying to make anyone feel bad :-[

I am too sick to even play and enjoy 99% the games I already have lately

« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 07:40:45 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED