Author Topic: What should this unlicensed Nintendo Switch controller be named in the database?  (Read 4610 times)

So, there's this unlicensed Nintendo Switch controller all over the internet. It's quite good for what it is, I paid less than $20 for one in new condition and it works like a charm! Wireless, rumble, everything but amiibo support is in this controller.

It's basically an Xbox One controller with the same analog sticks and triggers. This controller has been covered by multiple popular YouTube channels often referring to it as an EEEKit controller but I think EEEKit is just one seller out of hundreds of it and not the ones that actually make it.

So what should this be called when submitting it to the database? Unlicensed Wireless Nintendo Switch controller? Nintendo Switch Xbox inspired controller? I don't know.

Here's where I bought mine from: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Wireless-Pro-Controller-Gamepad-Joypad-Remote-for-Nintendo-Switch-Console/122945580314

This is the image that seems to be most commonly used:

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 09:10:21 am by weirdfeline »

jalien

According to the add, the brand is a TekDeals so I would name it something akin to

TekDeals Wireless Pro Controller for Nintendo Switch

aliensstudios

According to the add, the brand is a TekDeals so I would name it something akin to

TekDeals Wireless Pro Controller for Nintendo Switch
I've also seen it advertised as EeeKit brand as well
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

tripredacus

No listing should have "Generic" or a term similar to that in the name. If it is sold under multiple brands, there may need to be multiple listings.

The first thing that needs to be determined is what does it say on the packaging? None of the links or the listings on Ebay seem to be of the actual thing, only stock photos.

No listing should have "Generic" or a term similar to that in the name. If it is sold under multiple brands, there may need to be multiple listings.

The first thing that needs to be determined is what does it say on the packaging? None of the links or the listings on Ebay seem to be of the actual thing, only stock photos.
It doesn't say anything on the packaging. It didn't really have packaging, it was wrapped in bubble wrap with a blue film over the controller. No brand of any sort is on the controller itself.

aliensstudios

It doesn't say anything on the packaging. It didn't really have packaging, it was wrapped in bubble wrap with a blue film over the controller. No brand of any sort is on the controller itself.
I've seen it come in a plain white box with an image on it if you look through eBay listings
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."