Author Topic: Turbo Grafx-16 Mini Game List Announced!!  (Read 8903 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Turbo Grafx-16 Mini Game List Announced!!
« on: July 12, 2019, 01:26:49 pm »
How about this bomb!  TG16 mini preorders start on Prime Day!  It releases next March and it looks like it’ll be $100. It’s also an Amazon Exclusive.
The games are pretty stellar too.

American games:

Air Zonk
Alien Crush
Blazing Lazers
Bomberman ‘93
Bonk’s Revenge
Cadash
Chew-Man-Fu
Dungeon Explorer
J.J. & Jeff
Lords Of Thunder
Military Madness (Nectaris)
Moto Roader
Neutopia
Neutopia II
New Adventure Island
Ninja Spirit
Parasol Stars
Power Golf
Psychosis
R-Type
Soldier Blade
Space Harrier
Victory
Japanese PC Engine games:

Akumajō Dracula X Chi No Rondo (Castlevania: Rondo Of Blood)
Aldynes (SuperGrafx game)
Appare! Gateball
Bomberman ‘94
Bomberman Panic Bomber
Chō Aniki
Daimakaimura (Ghouls ‘N’ Ghosts - SuperGrafx game)
Dungeon Explorer
Fantasy Zone
Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire
Gradius (Nemesis)
Gradius II – Gofer No Yabō (Nemesis II)
Jaseiken Necromancer
Nectaris (Military Madness)
Neutopia
Neutopia II
Ninja Ryūkenden (Ninja Gaiden)
PC-Genjin (Bonk)
Salamander
Snatcher
Star Parodier (Fantasy Star Soldier)
Super Darius
Super Momotarō Dentetsu II
Super Star Soldier
The Kung Fu (China Warrior)
Ys I&II

Are you getting one?

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

Re: Turbo Grafx-16 Mini Game List Announced!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 02:39:37 pm »
It's a pretty impressive game list.  Yeah I'll try to get a preorder. 

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 02:51:29 pm »
I’m definitely going to try. I’ve never been successful with these preorders though. Nice to see the Supergrafx, CD and SCD games on the list!

telly

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 03:11:58 pm »
Interested in it but I also kindof want a Genesis mini! Only thing with this is I know almost nothing about the TG-16's library xD
Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy VI (SNESc), The Last Guardian (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 06:09:47 pm »
i am genuinely excited about this! It essentially has all the TG16 and PC Engine CD games I've really ever gave a crap about and conveniently puts them in a single platform. the only thing I really hope they do is do a translation of Snatcher. If they did this thing would probably triple in demand, at least.

stealthrush

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 06:14:30 pm »
Super excited for the release - will be buying a TurboGrafx-16 Mini. Great games included as well. Also hoping for a translated Snatcher!

Flashback2012

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 06:28:26 pm »
How about this bomb!  TG16 mini preorders start on Prime Day!  It releases next March and it looks like it’ll be $100. It’s also an Amazon Exclusive.
The games are pretty stellar too.

American games:
Air Zonk; Alien Crush ;Blazing Lazers ;Bomberman ‘93 ;Bonk’s Revenge ;Cadash ;Chew-Man-Fu ;Dungeon Explorer ;J.J. & Jeff ;Lords Of Thunder ;Military Madness (Nectaris) ;Moto Roader ;Neutopia ;Neutopia II ;New Adventure Island ;Ninja Spirit ;Parasol Stars ;Power Golf ;Psychosis ;R-Type ;Soldier Blade ;Space Harrier ;Victory Road

Japanese PC Engine games:
Akumajō Dracula X Chi No Rondo (Castlevania: Rondo Of Blood) ;Aldynes (SuperGrafx game) ;App4are! Gateball ;Bomberman ‘94 ;Bomberman Panic Bomber ;Chō Aniki ;Daimakaimura (Ghouls ‘N’ Ghosts - SuperGrafx game) ;Dungeon Explorer ;Fantasy Zone ;Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire ;Gradius (Nemesis) ;Gradius II – Gofer No Yabō (Nemesis II) ;Jaseiken Necromancer ;Nectaris (Military Madness) ;Neutopia ;Neutopia II ;Ninja Ryūkenden (Ninja Gaiden) ;PC-Genjin (Bonk) ;Salamander ;Snatcher ;Star Parodier (Fantasy Star Soldier) ;Super Darius
;Super Momotarō Dentetsu II ;Super Star Soldier ;The Kung Fu (China Warrior) ;Ys I&II

Are you getting one?

Absolutely. Getting both most likely even though I have a lot of these physically already.  ;D

Interested in it but I also kind of want a Genesis mini! Only thing with this is I know almost nothing about the TG-16's library xD

There's a good mix of genres here on both systems. I'd say the only thing lacking is RPGs for the TG16. Neutopia is straight up a Zelda clone and I would have liked it if Ys Book I&II were on the TG16 side. Me personally I would have swapped out Pac-Land for J.J. & Jeff but I noticed there isn't any Namco for either system. I'm guessing Konami couldn't get Namco to play nice.

The only title on that list that raises an eyebrow is Cho Aniki. It's a decent shmup but it's out there.  :o

aliensstudios

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 08:17:55 pm »
I'm definitely getting one! The only blatant omission is Splatterhouse but I already own that on HuCard. It's great they are putting Rondo of Blood on the system as it's one of the best Castlevania games too.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

Flashback2012

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 08:20:49 pm »
I'm definitely getting one! The only blatant omission is Splatterhouse but I already own that on HuCard. It's great they are putting Rondo of Blood on the system as it's one of the best Castlevania games too.

Another Namco release. Someone on FB mentioned how The Legendary Axe was a huge omission. I'm thinking Keith Courage should have been on there by default.  :P

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 10:58:12 pm »
I won't be getting one

Everything is made for HDMI plugs these days and I don't have a TV that has an HDMI plug currently
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

aliensstudios

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2019, 11:22:29 pm »
I won't be getting one

Everything is made for HDMI plugs these days and I don't have a TV that has an HDMI plug currently
You can get an hdmi to composite converter. Not ideal but will do the job and for pretty cheap too

mark1982

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2019, 12:21:56 am »
Impressive list indeed!

Overall pretty good lineup. Soldier Blade, Neutopias, Y's Book I & II, Ninja Spirit, Dungeon Explorer, R-Type. Great stuff ;D

Missing a few gems though, Gate of Thunder, Dragon Spirit, Both Legendary Axes, Splatterhouse, Violent Soldier, etc.

Maybe more will get announced, but I'm liking the list already. Probably won't get one though since I have most of the games already. but I'm glad they're making one since the TurboGrafx / PC Engine weren't popular at all back in the day. Plenty of people missed out on some of the better shooters (shmups) out there. I find the PC Engine / CD the king of shmups, they pretty much paved the way with so many great titles imo.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 01:07:06 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

aliensstudios

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 12:29:51 am »
Impressive list indeed! I find the Japanese version superior with Rondo, Snatcher and Cho Aniki, but the US version has Lords of Thunder hmmmm.

Overall pretty good lineup. Soldier Blade, Neutopias, Y's Book I & II, Ninja Spirit, Dungeon Explorer, R-Type. Great stuff ;D

Missing a few gems though, Gate of Thunder, Dragon Spirit, Both Legendary Axes, Splatterhouse, Violent Soldier, etc.

Maybe more will get announced, but I'm liking the list already. Probably won't get one though since I have most of the games already. but I'm glad they're making one since the TurboGrafx / PC Engine weren't popular at all back in the day. Plenty of people missed out on some of the better shooters (shmups) out there. I find the PC Engine / CD the king of shmups, they pretty much paved the way with so many great titles imo.
I was under the impression that the Turbo Grafx 16 mini will have all of the games Turf listed, North American and Japanese games alike. That's what makes the package so appealing. From what I've read their are three versions of the system, a PC Engine mini, a Core Grafx mini and a Turbo Grafx 16 mini. The game lineup will be identical for all regions as well. I almost want the Pc Engine mini since I own a Pc Engine already and the Turbo version looks like it's nearly as big as an original system.

mark1982

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2019, 12:59:51 am »
I was under the impression that the Turbo Grafx 16 mini will have all of the games Turf listed, North American and Japanese games alike. That's what makes the package so appealing. From what I've read their are three versions of the system, a PC Engine mini, a Core Grafx mini and a Turbo Grafx 16 mini. The game lineup will be identical for all regions as well. I almost want the Pc Engine mini since I own a Pc Engine already and the Turbo version looks like it's nearly as big as an original system.

Oh is it? Damn, that's even more impressive ;D I thought it was gonna be like the whole Genesis / Mega Drive mini debacle with different region models with a different lineup of games to be released.

Please ignore my previous post if that's the case, heh :P That's a big win for us consumers, all regions in one.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 02:24:18 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2019, 01:48:24 am »
I won't be getting one

You can get an hdmi to composite converter. Not ideal but will do the job and for pretty cheap too

thanks for the suggestion aliensstudios I will think about looking into that :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"