Author Topic: Can I be like Batman? Is it a good idea to pursue vigilatism?  (Read 2174 times)

Can I be like Batman? Is it a good idea to pursue vigilatism?
« on: December 04, 2019, 04:17:30 am »
I know its a little crazy.  But i've been really getting hooked on Batman lore.  The games especially.  But also the comics.  The idea that one simple citizen can be that guardian over everyone elses shoulder.  To burden on the load of all evil humanity can muster. A beacon of hope to that abused kid or that fearing old lady. 

I just have been feeling empty for so long, looking to find purpose.  And I know gotham is a fictional world.  And Bruce Wayne is rich.  But what I love about Batman is its possible.  Its all possible.  No super powers.  Just technology.  Wit.  And determination.

I won't rip off the Batman. I'll try to come up with an alter ego.  Maybe not animal inspired.  Just some sort of avenger. Identity hidden.  Stealth and secrecy. I love the rooftop hopping approach. But I have blue prints to design a suit.  Shoulders, elbows, chest and back made from flame resistant bullet proof plates infused with fibers that withstand sharps.  But im gonna make an entire armor out of it. Like a bat suit. A mask as well.   Night vision goggles.  Expensive but cool.

Another main step will be learning martial arts.  And becoming extremely agile, fast and strong.   So I can beat up crack dealers.

Plan being to look for where the drugs are coming from.  Find the source.  Infiltrate the gangs.  And take down the whole operation.  Depending how deep it goes.   I know it goes deep.  And I know more than I can share.  Its all way bigger than can be fathomed.  Everything is a lie.

Ive lived in my city my whole life.  And the crime has grown 400 fold.  The citizens need support. 

I will try to hinder the spread of drugs. And take down the leaders of the gangs once and for all.

Am I thinking irrationally?  I know I have fads on a whim.  Always did.  Prob add.  Has anyone else ever considered it?  Why do we stop dreaming as kids?   We can help so many.  If we just band together.  Maybe its dumb.  The suit is still a good idea tho.  Just for a project alone :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 04:21:05 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

dreama1

Re: Can I be like Batman? Is it a good idea to pursue vigilatism?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 05:39:37 am »
I know its a little crazy.  But i've been really getting hooked on Batman lore.  The games especially.  But also the comics.  The idea that one simple citizen can be that guardian over everyone elses shoulder.  To burden on the load of all evil humanity can muster. A beacon of hope to that abused kid or that fearing old lady. 

I just have been feeling empty for so long, looking to find purpose.  And I know gotham is a fictional world.  And Bruce Wayne is rich.  But what I love about Batman is its possible.  Its all possible.  No super powers.  Just technology.  Wit.  And determination.

I won't rip off the Batman. I'll try to come up with an alter ego.  Maybe not animal inspired.  Just some sort of avenger. Identity hidden.  Stealth and secrecy. I love the rooftop hopping approach. But I have blue prints to design a suit.  Shoulders, elbows, chest and back made from flame resistant bullet proof plates infused with fibers that withstand sharps.  But im gonna make an entire armor out of it. Like a bat suit. A mask as well.   Night vision goggles.  Expensive but cool.

Another main step will be learning martial arts.  And becoming extremely agile, fast and strong.   So I can beat up crack dealers.

Plan being to look for where the drugs are coming from.  Find the source.  Infiltrate the gangs.  And take down the whole operation.  Depending how deep it goes.   I know it goes deep.  And I know more than I can share.  Its all way bigger than can be fathomed.  Everything is a lie.

Ive lived in my city my whole life.  And the crime has grown 400 fold.  The citizens need support. 

I will try to hinder the spread of drugs. And take down the leaders of the gangs once and for all.

Am I thinking irrationally?  I know I have fads on a whim.  Always did.  Prob add.  Has anyone else ever considered it?  Why do we stop dreaming as kids?   We can help so many.  If we just band together.  Maybe its dumb.  The suit is still a good idea tho.  Just for a project alone :)
You can start your work here then. The illegal  illicit repros trade. The leaders of these gangs might be hiding among us on this very site. They may welcome you to the site and hide in plain sight even.

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 08:02:51 am »
It's not irrational, per se, but it IS extremely dangerous & comes with a lot of concerns you may not have considered- making sure you don't inadvertently create scenarios that hinder prosecution by destroying evidence or screwing up an undercover operation, lawsuits from private citizens affected by your actions, and so on.

Legally, there's really not much difference between you 'stopping' a drug dealer, and you assaulting someone at 'random'. You can also end up attracting extra violence to yourself by virtue of just being out in a superhero costume. You'll need to make sure said costume can protect you from that violence, and that's not cheap.

How would I know about any of this? I live near Seattle- which means I got follow the adventures of Phoenix Jones while he was actively patrolling. It can be done, but it's extremely hard to do right.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 10:52:14 am »
not a good idea. in real life. I would not recommend it. Save it for Jesus, because he don't even need a suit, and he can shape shift, something no man can do exactly except his rivals and some of the angels

trust me, Jesus is real, but he's not normal at all, he even has the power to be unseen except for certain people and things. He can go through closed doors and walls, I am not making this up. And he can appear when you're not looking also.

I don't care if people say I'm crazy and I'm dead serious
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 11:40:59 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Nickkchilla

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 11:53:51 am »
This reminds me of a real-life vigilante called Phoenix Jones.

He is a trained MMA fighter, and grouped with a few other costumed vigilantes to stop crime in his local neighborhood. He received some significant injuries doing this, and had been stabbed maybe once or twice. He was also accused of assault by some criminals and had a few minor run ins with the police. On the plus side, he stopped many public assaults and even apprehended a sex offender.

It's a dangerous activity to partake in, though I admire what he has done.

Here's a video detailing a bit about him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vVLKnblaQw

dreama1

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 11:57:42 am »
It's not irrational, per se, but it IS extremely dangerous & comes with a lot of concerns you may not have considered- making sure you don't inadvertently create scenarios that hinder prosecution by destroying evidence or screwing up an undercover operation, lawsuits from private citizens affected by your actions, and so on.

Legally, there's really not much difference between you 'stopping' a drug dealer, and you assaulting someone at 'random'. You can also end up attracting extra violence to yourself by virtue of just being out in a superhero costume. You'll need to make sure said costume can protect you from that violence, and that's not cheap.

How would I know about any of this? I live near Seattle- which means I got follow the adventures of Phoenix Jones while he was actively patrolling. It can be done, but it's extremely hard to do right.
Citizens arrest. I guess. There's people who hunt paedophiles as well, like Chris Hansen but there's others.  Oh Dog the bounty hunter as well.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 06:57:31 pm »
I know it’s kind of a faux pas to post YouTube links in these threads. But imma do it anyway.

This isn’t my link. It’s a real trial lawyer and he discusses the concept of Batman and where it stands legally.

He’s also really entertaining as he drops the knowledge bombs.

https://youtu.be/nyHn8y6rchk

ferraroso

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 05:01:16 pm »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 02:37:50 pm »
Here is an article about Phoenix Jones a real life “superhero” in Seattle.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Jones

pzeke

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2019, 12:03:26 pm »
Batman follows an intense workout regimen, and that's enough said.

This is taken from "The Batman Files":

Men's Health wrote an article years ago on "How to be Batman", which you could check out whenever you can. There's also a book on the science of becoming Batman if you're interested. I know you're self-aware by acknowledging that you "have fads on a whim", but personally I would advise against this. Although fictional, take someone like Frank Castle, aka The Punisher, for instance; taking what made him become what he is away, he's ex-military, meaning he has training, plus he also acquired other skills and experience in many other areas that further help him in what he does. For Bruce, he first studied martial arts and would end up picking up new disciplines one after the other, and he would train constantly to condition his body to pain among a bunch of other things. Not to mention Bruce has the money and a big freaking brain. Essentially what I'm trying to say is that this would require a LOT from any individual. This isn't just working out, getting ripped, putting on a superhero suit and let's go down the street and fight crime. Being a vigilante is more than looking buffed and knowing how to roundhouse and sweep the leg. Karate chops aren't that effective in the grand scheme of things. It takes more than that. Heck, even Kickass realized this when he thought that not being able to feel pain would be enough to become a vigilante/superhero.

The world can be scary, but stuff like this should stay in comics/books, movies/TV series, and video games. Although, if you're dumb enough to do this, then hey, nice way of thinning out the herd. And for the sake of clarity, I'm obviously not referring to you, marvelvscapcom2, just those that decide to do this without having ever done a push-up or been in a fight before.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 11:36:05 am »
Here is an article about Phoenix Jones a real life “superhero” in Seattle.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Jones

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/01/phoenix-jones-crime-fighting-superhero-arrested-drug-dealing

By: MMAjunkie Staff | January 27, 2020 10:17 pm

The crime-fighting persona of “Phoenix Jones” has taken an interesting twist.

Jones is the alter ego of Seattle’s Ben Fodor, a mixed martial artist whose highest-profile fights were in World Series of Fighting.

In costume, Fodor garnered headlines through his vigilante crime patrols in downtown Seattle and adjacent neighborhoods.

But according to Seattle television station KOMO, Fodor recently found himself on the wrong side of the law, as he was arrested earlier this month in King County (Wash.) and faces multiple drug charges after allegedly selling Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) and cocaine.

According to KOMO, Jones sold 7.1 grams of MDMA, known on the streets as “Molly,” to an undercover agent of the Seattle Police Department at a Starbucks on Nov. 21. The agent had sent Fodor $300 via Venmo prior to the deal, paid another $200 in person, and had an agreement for a future deal.

That second transaction was consummated on Jan. 9, after which Fodor and alleged accomplice Andrea Irene Berendsen were arrested. Seven bundles of cocaine were discovered, according to the KOMO report.

This is not Fodor’s first run-in with law enforcement, as he has been cited eight times for driving on a suspended license.

Fodor was released on Jan. 11 and is scheduled for arraignment on Feb. 3.

In MMA, Fodor has a 7-3-1 record, which includes a 1-2 run in WSOF in 2015 and 2016. He last competed on Oct. 14, 2017, dropping a unanimous decision to Austin Vanderford in Tacoma, Wash.

pzeke

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2020, 11:57:34 am »
Well ain't that a kick in the nuts...

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!