Author Topic: Gamefairy.io - New Collector Site launched  (Read 1358 times)

Gamefairy.io - New Collector Site launched
« on: December 14, 2019, 07:29:41 am »
Hi everyone,

I hope this doesn't go against any forum rules, if so, please apologize as I am a new member.

A bit of background information: 10 years ago, I have founded the independent publisher Headup.

Over the last years we have seen a high decrease in retail interest for boxed indie titles. As we love great physical editions (we have e.g. created and released the PC Collector Editions for games such as Terraria, Limbo, The Binding of Isaac, Super Meat Boy and many more), we have decided to cut the middlemen and offer worldwide direct mail order possibility under a new company called Gamefairy. A personal cool fact is that six of my team at Headup decided to invest privately into this new venture. This is really exciting and makes the new company so much more fun as I don't need to wear the boss hat :-)

So we created www.gamefairy.io

For now we focus on Switch Limited Editions, in the future we might expand the lineup to other platforms.

So these two items are now on pre-order. We always limit the print run to 3.000 copies and will not manufacture further units, so once the stock is sold out, we are done .

Every unit comes with a numbered certificate and a collectors stamp. And of course a lot of nice content.

Fell free to get in touch for any questions and I hope that some of you will join us on this new adventure. Markets are tough but we sincerely hope we can build a sustainable business with quality editions and a faithful customer base.

Thanks for reading :-)

Dieter
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 10:27:33 am by gamefairy »

Re: Gamesfairy.io - New Collector Site launched
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 07:42:51 am »
In case anyone's concerned, these guys are legit- I found their booth at PAX West 2018, bought Toby & the Secret Mine.

I'm glad to see companies in Europe popping up to fill the boutique publisher angle- I remember the early days of Limited Run & people being annoyed at the shipping costs. Having alternatives that don't involve overseas shipping is a good thing!

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 07:51:42 am »
Thank you, both for your purchase and for the confirming words.
You'll be surprised on how we raised the quality bar now for our new edition line ;-)

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 08:16:59 am »
Already preordered Vambrace when it went live - was battling with website traffic when it went up for preorder ;D.

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 12:40:25 pm »
Been listed in the lim print thread, i dont think I have updated since the revamp though.

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 12:46:07 pm »
Thanks. Main difference is that on the old (legacy) stock, we never communicated on the quantities or limited numbers.

For the new line which starts with Bridge COnstructor Portal (release #001) and Vambrace: Cold Soul (#002), we being very transparent on quantitites (3.000 manufactured per game) and the way they are spread.