Author Topic: Why can't we delete posts?  (Read 1336 times)

telly

Why can't we delete posts?
« on: January 23, 2020, 09:50:44 am »
This is something I've been wondering for a while. The only forum where we can delete posts is News at this time.
Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy VI (SNESc), The Last Guardian (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tripredacus

Re: Why can't we delete posts?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 10:15:45 am »
Why do you want to delete posts?

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 10:17:24 am »
Why do you want to delete posts?
Double posts, accidental posts in wrong threads, creating a topic when you meant to reply, realizing your response was stupid after you posted it, I have no clue.

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 10:36:46 am »
A member can request moderation to handle those situations.

telly

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 11:02:10 am »
A member can request moderation to handle those situations.

That seems like an extremely cumbersome way to do it though to me   :P

Do the admins really want to get a PM from someone every time they want a post deleted?  :o
Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy VI (SNESc), The Last Guardian (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 12:08:21 pm »
It isn't a problem, it is a moderator's job to handle things like that.

pzeke

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 10:42:48 am »
Most of the forums I've ever been a part of allowed their members to delete their posts, or lock their topics if needed. Some did it differently, and within reason, of course—some would only allow you to delete a post within a set amount of time, or you had to wait 24 hours before deleting whatever you wanted to delete, and so on. I do remember two that actually had a topic specifically for members to request post/thread deletion, so maybe that could be a thing here given we have other threads that follow that motif. Deleted posts would also reflect in their post count.

Double posts, accidental posts in wrong threads, creating a topic when you meant to reply, realizing your response was stupid after you posted it, I have no clue.

You might not have a clue, but those are some good reasons for someone wanting to delete a post or two.

My advice to telly would be to just edit your post if you feel it doesn't reflect what you wanted to say properly, or just put a, "Sorry, din't mean to post.", and leave it at that.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!