Author Topic: Why do my submissions keep getting deleted?  (Read 271 times)

lh3cr

Why do my submissions keep getting deleted?
« on: February 16, 2020, 12:39:18 pm »
I am trying to add three games to the database. They are:

Noble Racing [PS2, EU]
Summer Athletics [PS2, EU]
Baja Edge of Control [PS3, EU]

But they keep disappearing! I've just added them for a third time - this time with box art and more information to prove these exist - and hope that they stay there. Who is rewsponsible for these deletions because I think they should come forward and apologise.

ivorysoul

Re: Why do my submissions keep getting deleted?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 02:21:37 pm »
I am trying to add three games to the database. They are:

Noble Racing [PS2, EU]
Summer Athletics [PS2, EU]
Baja Edge of Control [PS3, EU]

But they keep disappearing! I've just added them for a third time - this time with box art and more information to prove these exist - and hope that they stay there. Who is rewsponsible for these deletions because I think they should come forward and apologise.

I just looked these up and there's zero info on the pages. No publisher/developer, no release date, no box text, no barcode. Also, the admins delete these and probably because you weren't following the guidelines more than anything. Also, no one has to apologize, especially if the guidelines weren't followed. Posting is a privelage not a right.

lh3cr

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 02:35:30 pm »
I get that but deleting a submission without notification as to why does seem a little bit rude.

I have since amended the entries with as much information as I can find and my browser will allow (it tends to freeze when trying to load up the publisher/developer lists).

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 10:37:47 pm »
I took it upon myself to update all three entries with as much information that I could find online

soera

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 02:07:10 am »
The admin side of submissions is hard to describe. Sometimes we dont get "why" some submits are there. So if it looks like nothing has changed, often times I will just reject with "info already on hand". With that being said, if you do get some like this, posting a question asking why its been submitted sometimes lets me know what is being change and actually helps!

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 09:53:53 am »
Typically we would only outright delete entries that adhere to these circumstances:
- item is not valid for the db
- entry for a game that doesn't exist
- item is a dupe but has no items in collection

Otherwise, dupes wouldn't be deleted outright, rather we would attempt to merge them as a dupe. I didn't see anyone post about it in the other threads, so not sure what the story was here. OP deleted their account, so I guess we'll never find out. :\