Author Topic: Box art for PS5 games first look  (Read 3583 times)

telekill

Re: Box art for PS5 games first look
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 08:41:34 am »
I understand why they kept the blue plastic, but I think it would have looked better to go with a semi transparent black plastic.

mark1982

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 09:03:46 am »
I understand why they kept the blue plastic, but I think it would have looked better to go with a semi transparent black plastic.

Couldn't agree more, like a smokey black transparent casing, would have been perfect for the white strip on top imo.

Here 's a mock I created.

l    l 

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 09:20:09 am »
I agree.  ^ That looks much better.   

telekill

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 11:29:43 am »

Couldn't agree more, like a smokey black transparent casing, would have been perfect for the white strip on top imo.

Here 's a mock I created.

That's pretty sexy actually.... Nice work.

dhaabi

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 12:22:03 pm »
As unanimously mentioned above, the current design could have been executed so much better. I know that throughout the PlayStation 4 era, Sony adopted blue as their branding color. However, at the dawn of the PlayStation 5, it seemed to me that they had now begun to adopt black and white, which, ultimately, has a much sleeker presentation. The mock-up that mark1982 provided exemplifies my thoughts, as something as simple as the case color proves to be the biggest problem.

With the current design, I'm getting a lot of mixed messages with the colors. A problem that may or may not be commonplace is the trend of non-gamer shoppers getting PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 titles mixed up, as both game cases' dimensions and colors share far more similarities than differences. This, especially, would be problematic during the PlayStation 5's early years. However, maybe this reason alone in keeping the two generations' cases so similar was Sony's plan due to planned backwards-compatibility.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 12:26:37 pm »
They’re probably sitting on millions of blue plastic cases so didn’t want to change to black.

telly

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 12:37:25 pm »
They’re probably sitting on millions of blue plastic cases so didn’t want to change to black.

That's what I was thinking too, haha. Maybe they will change it later on.
Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy VI (SNESc), The Last Guardian (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 01:17:54 pm »
Nice job on the Black case, that is the 1st thing I thought upon seeing it!

I don't mind the white, it's a little too bold but okay.

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2020, 07:00:52 pm »
I am just afraid the white will be that offwhite/grey/beige/weird stained color that old electronics turned back in the 80s... :)

aliensstudios

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2020, 11:44:02 am »
Neat. Can't say I expected anything too revolutionary. I don't think it looks that bad personally, the blue cases will look better with artwork that isn't all dark like Spider-Man's.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2020, 12:35:56 pm »
Box art for Godfall was shown too.

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2020, 02:59:51 pm »
Good god that's boring. They need Mark on their creative team ASAP!

pzeke

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2020, 12:41:03 am »
I don't like the white strip/label, but hey, the console is white, so I guess that's how they're rolling.

Yup, pretty much.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

sworddude

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2020, 06:34:52 am »
isnt ps5 going to have digital only consoles

Could be the first gen in wich physical is going to be killed off, Physical will be the minority in terms of sales.

IMO the white line at the top isn't the greatest choice. they should pick black or dark blue I'd say with white letters I'd say
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 06:36:49 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!