Author Topic: Should Text From the Front of a Box Be Included in the Box Text Field?  (Read 635 times)

There is some ambiguity in the Style Guide regarding this as front box text is not explicitly mentioned in the bulleted list at the top of the section:
Box Text
Valid areas for box text:
- box back
- image captions
- bullet lists
- label text

However, further down the post shows an example of an entry that includes front text:
front box text
Transformers: Devastation (reviews) on PS4 has a release where there is a red block on the front with review text. This entry has the text from the front put into box text.

I would just like to clarify if front text should be included on entries going forward.

dhaabi

Re: Should Text From the Front of a Box Be Included in the Box Text Field?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 02:36:01 pm »
I think that with standard item releases, front text is to be omitted. However, with variant releases that have front text which differentiate it from other releases of the same item, front text is permitted. This is my understanding, anyway.

tripredacus

Re: Should Text From the Front of a Box Be Included in the Box Text Field?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 04:10:12 pm »
You can if you want.

There are times where front text can be put on entries "just because" is like this Japanese Saturn game: https://vgcollect.com/item/144574

But the times where box text from other places besides the back should be used is:
- when there is a variation present
- if there is a label that is only on sealed items

And make sure to not include any description terms or something that isn't present. Such as [front text] or (image captions) are some instances where people put in these thing to help people ID where the text is from. We don't need that. If you need to specifically highlight where some text is located and what it says, it can be done in description. And as stated before, that is only to be used in case of a variation being present.