Author Topic: Have patches redeemed cyberpunk 2077?  (Read 1253 times)

Bluemoon

Have patches redeemed cyberpunk 2077?
« on: March 05, 2021, 06:55:07 am »
I've been thinking getting the game when I get a series X
but I want to know what people think, have the recent patches to cyberpunk done enough to fix the game that forced it's publisher to offer refunds and the game to be pulled from PSN
or is the game truly an unfixable game that will never recover from being pushed out early

when posting your opinion mention what platform you played on as well as system model would help (for example experience would differ on base xbox one compared to xbox one x)

Re: Have patches redeemed cyberpunk 2077?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 07:19:31 am »
Not yet. They recently delayed one of the upcoming major patches.

It's probably best to wait until they release actual PS5 and Series X versions of the game and not just the backward compatible version.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 11:44:29 pm »
I played 95% of the game on the "broken" PS4 version which yeah, it was buggy as hell, but still very playable and mostly enjoyable. The games main issues have nothing to do with its technical issues, but rather the endings all suck and there are various other mechanics in the game I wasn't a fan of. But a lot of the people screaming how unplayable this game is were being way, way to dramatic and not entirely honest. I got a PS5 towards the end of my time with the game and honestly most of the technical issues vanished. The game did crash on me a few times still, but the game autosaves so often this was never more than a minor annoyance.

sworddude

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 06:01:57 am »
I played 95% of the game on the "broken" PS4 version which yeah, it was buggy as hell, but still very playable and mostly enjoyable. The games main issues have nothing to do with its technical issues, but rather the endings all suck and there are various other mechanics in the game I wasn't a fan of. But a lot of the people screaming how unplayable this game is were being way, way to dramatic and not entirely honest. I got a PS5 towards the end of my time with the game and honestly most of the technical issues vanished. The game did crash on me a few times still, but the game autosaves so often this was never more than a minor annoyance.

A game crashing during gameplay is kinda a big deal though especially if it happens multiple times. That should pretty much never happen with any game. the bugs where so bad that even sony accepted full refunds if you have bought the game on playstation on a pretty big scale in wich it even got media attention. You don't do that if the these are minor. I have never heard such a fiasco happening with any other game. The game could crash multiple times in just an hour of gameplay and that's most definitely a very rare occurence. I can't name another game that could crash that often.

But yes the game had allot less bugs on a powerfull pc poorly optimised for consoles. While it would not have been the greatest game of all time it wouldn't have as much negative press. Sure it's playable but you don't expect that many problems with a finished product.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 08:10:18 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

pzeke

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 10:28:09 am »

Cyberpunk 2077 in a nutshell.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 02:37:31 pm »
The games biggest issues were on last gen systems, so that's not really as big of an issue for current gen systems.  Putting it on performance mode on Series X seems to look fairly good, though it still has some bugs to deal with.  I paused my PC run to let some more PC patches come out and I'm planning to get myself a M.2 drive for my computer soon which help with loading and should offer abit performance too.

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2021, 03:55:01 pm »
Being playing on PC since close to launch. Almost no issues and having a great time. It's too bad console builds are still bad. It's really the gem I was hoping for.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2021, 11:19:13 pm »

A game crashing during gameplay is kinda a big deal though especially if it happens multiple times. That should pretty much never happen with any game. the bugs where so bad that even sony accepted full refunds if you have bought the game on playstation on a pretty big scale in wich it even got media attention. You don't do that if the these are minor. I have never heard such a fiasco happening with any other game. The game could crash multiple times in just an hour of gameplay and that's most definitely a very rare occurence. I can't name another game that could crash that often.

But yes the game had allot less bugs on a powerfull pc poorly optimised for consoles. While it would not have been the greatest game of all time it wouldn't have as much negative press. Sure it's playable but you don't expect that many problems with a finished product.

Game crashes are not game breaking though, which is what many people were claiming, or that the game was unplayable which was far from the truth. Should CD Project Red have held off on releasing it? Absolutely! But in its current state I stil found it to be a mostly enjoyable game and one I really got into for a while. And to give some content to the game crashing, it did it probably 10 times in the first 50 hours I played. Funny enough the graphical glitches and performance problems went away mostly when played on a PS5, but it crashed about once every couple of hours which was obviously way more frequent. Luckily at that point I was almost done with the game, but still.