Author Topic: Heads up NeoGeo Pocket Color lovers  (Read 2954 times)

Heads up NeoGeo Pocket Color lovers
« on: April 22, 2021, 12:01:29 am »
A physical compilation of 10 games (* see below) is going up for sale tomorrow on Switch. There will be a retail in Europe, so no FOMO required, unless you want one of the CEs.

Limited Repro Games will be releasing a typically underwhelming, brittle CE tomorrow, but if you want something that costs the same, has higher quality, and better components, then the Pix N Love option is for you (they also have even more expensive variants if that tickles your fancy).

Purchasing from PnL also sends a message that you won’t support the other company that engages in gatekeeping of what should be retail prints by limprint companies (again, there will be a PEGI retail, PnL are just doing CEs), or deceptive region locking practices.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PixnLove_Store/status/1384855309064282113

* List of games on cart:
- SNK GALS' FIGHTERS
- SAMURAI SHODOWN! 2
- KING OF FIGHTERS R-2
- THE LAST BLADE: Beyond the Destiny
- FATAL FURY FIRST CONTACT
- SNK VS. CAPCOM: THE MATCH OF THE MILLENNIUM
- METAL SLUG 1ST MISSION
- METAL SLUG 2ND MISSION
- DARK ARMS: Beast Buster 1999
- BIG TOURNAMENT GOLF
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

Re: Heads up NeoGeo Pocket Color lovers
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 01:19:11 am »
A physical compilation of 10 games (* see below) is going up for sale tomorrow on Switch. There will be a retail in Europe, so no FOMO required, unless you want one of the CEs.

Limited Repro Games will be releasing a typically underwhelming, brittle CE tomorrow, but if you want something that costs the same, has higher quality, and better components, then the Pix N Love option is for you (they also have even more expensive variants if that tickles your fancy).

Purchasing from PnL also sends a message that you won’t support the other company that engages in gatekeeping of what should be retail prints by limprint companies (again, there will be a PEGI retail, PnL are just doing CEs), or deceptive region locking practices.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PixnLove_Store/status/1384855309064282113

* List of games on cart:
- SNK GALS' FIGHTERS
- SAMURAI SHODOWN! 2
- KING OF FIGHTERS R-2
- THE LAST BLADE: Beyond the Destiny
- FATAL FURY FIRST CONTACT
- SNK VS. CAPCOM: THE MATCH OF THE MILLENNIUM
- METAL SLUG 1ST MISSION
- METAL SLUG 2ND MISSION
- DARK ARMS: Beast Buster 1999
- BIG TOURNAMENT GOLF

good to hear :)

I always love video game compilations, and since it's for the Nintendo Switch? that makes this product even better.

From what I heard Nintendo usally does not make video game compilations, but they did make NES and SNES mini so I guess they do :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 03:28:56 am »
Wow, thank you!
Will be on the lookout.
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

kashell

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 08:39:16 am »
SamSho 2? I'm in.

Flashback2012

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 10:09:47 am »
The "Volume 1" labeling has me hopeful that a Vol. 2 includes the Card Fighter Clash games. Since this collection has Match of the Millenium, I wonder what our chances are for getting SVC Chaos and the Capcom/SNK games ported (I'm absolutely not holding my breath on any of those but it'd sure be nice  :P).

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 01:14:32 pm »
Bought form PnL once, never again. They are idiots.

sworddude

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 02:30:51 pm »
That's pretty obsecure something handheld that isn't gameboy

Still extra credits If they actually included a neo geo pocket cardridge to make it playable on the original console

Neo geo pocket color has the best Control stick out of any handheld system ever. Clicky feeling like an arcade stick pretty satisfying

Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 02:36:38 pm »
It's missing the best title in the Neo Geo Pocket Color's library: Sonic Pocket Adventure.

That and Dark Arms: Beast Buster were the two games I kept coming back to, on it.

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2021, 05:21:38 pm »
Bought form PnL once, never again. They are idiots.
may I ask what happened? I've only made a few purchases from them, myself, but the experience was fine. My only complaint was there website can't handle the traffic when certain in-demand titles get released
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

telly

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2021, 07:09:03 pm »
I want to play the two Metal Slug games but 60% of this collection are fighting games that I know I won't enjoy  :(
Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy VI (SNESc), The Last Guardian (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 07:33:19 am »
I ordered one from LRG.

sworddude

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2021, 08:42:24 am »
I want to play the two Metal Slug games but 60% of this collection are fighting games that I know I won't enjoy  :(

Neo geo pocket is 80% fighting games no joke maybe more well at least for notable titles that is.

It has some other genre's but those are few and far in between. Also a pretty small library of only a bit over 60 titles if I'm not mistaken.

you picked the wrong console if you don't like fighting games Let's just put it at that
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 08:46:06 am by sworddude »

telly

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2021, 09:57:42 am »

Neo geo pocket is 80% fighting games no joke maybe more well at least for notable titles that is.

It has some other genre's but those are few and far in between. Also a pretty small library of only a bit over 60 titles if I'm not mistaken.

you picked the wrong console if you don't like fighting games Let's just put it at that

Yeah... I've tried to get into them, but I just don't enjoy them. So I'm probably going to pass on this collection. I'll be buying Bug Fables instead this week from LRG.
Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy VI (SNESc), The Last Guardian (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Flashback2012

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2021, 12:24:17 pm »
Thought I might not get the CE if I waited till Friday but those fears were for nothing and I'm out a few extra bucks on shipping costs.  :-*

Really hoping they can get the OK from other publishers for games on a Volume 2. I've already mentioned the Card Fighters Clash games but like burningdoom said we could use Sonic Pocket Adventure, Pac-Man, Bust-A-Move Pocket and especially COTTON. Figure V2 would be a good time to get Biomotor Unitron, The Dive Alert games, and I dunno...Crush Roller.  :P

sworddude

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2021, 03:14:57 pm »
There was also this evolution rpg

So odd how that series has a title that ended up on the neo geo pocket

Considering it's roots on the cube and dreamcast and obviously the megaman 2d vs fighting game
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 03:18:53 pm by sworddude »