Author Topic: The new DCEU plans.  (Read 1029 times)

The new DCEU plans.
« on: January 31, 2023, 04:47:49 pm »
https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1620468379672002565?s=20

As someone that was absolutely not a fan of the Snyder DC era, I'm pretty hopeful for the future of these movies with all the changes going on and a big push for coordination between tv, film, animation, and games.  They are absolutely utilizing the Marvel formula, which is good, it worked, take the time to build up to the big projects, and theming it as "Gods and Monster" is a cool way to differentiate it.  I also appreciate that we are going to get stuff that isn't a part of the universe with the "Elseworld" branding, something I wish Marvel did more of, as we are still going to get the Matt Reeves Batman movies alongside the other Batman movie coming.

I wouldn't say I'm the biggest DC Comics fan, (Mostly just into Batman stuff) I was always more interested in Marvel, but there is DC stuff I like, and I want to be excited for some of these films.  I'd like a good Superman movie and especially a good Batman movie that deals with the crazy villains (I love Pattinson Batman, but he's not likely to ever fight Mr. Freeze, or Clayface, or Poison Ivy).  Even the Supergirl movie sounds cool with how they are going to handle her, and I've never really dealt with anything from her stories beyond some of the cartoons.

So whats your guys take on this? Of course none of the new story stuff is happening any time soon as they need to finish out what is left, but I can see some good stuff on the horizon.

Re: The new DCEU plans.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 11:16:33 am »
I kept meaning to reply to this and kept forgetting about it.

I think it is great that they've got someone with a vision that seems more in line with the comics in charge - that said, while I did really like The Suicide Squad, I wasn't really blown away by it (same with GotG Vol.2).

As long as they focus on making good individual movies I'll be happy.  That's what the MCU did at first, and what they aren't really doing any more.  Also a big fan of them using the Elseworlds moniker to keep the good things they've got going (namely The Batman).

All in all, I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic, and I'll have more to say once we see some footage, etc.