Author Topic: Games delisted from the Play Store/App Store  (Read 401 times)

empovyle

Games delisted from the Play Store/App Store
« on: May 28, 2023, 03:02:15 pm »
How should we go about adding games that have been removed from the Google Play Store or App Store? 

As far as I understand, once a game has been removed from the store, it can't be redownloaded if it's then deleted off of your phone, but they should still be tied to your account I think (can someone confirm this please?). Technically you could still have them in your digital collection. Should they even have entries at all? There are a lot of huge games that've been taken down over the years like the original Angry Birds, Flappy Bird, and Fortnite that I'm looking to add entries for. 

Similar question for online-only games that have reached end of service, such as Pokemon Duel and others that I can't recall at the moment, which you cannot redownload OR play if it's installed on your phone. Should these be added to the database?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 03:08:59 pm by empovyle »

tripredacus

Re: Games delisted from the Play Store/App Store
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 11:38:44 am »
You can add things like that but put in the description the date the item was removed.

Archives exist, so there are many delisted games that were preserved and that people can put into the various lists here.

topspot123

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 04:53:16 pm »
As far as I understand, once a game has been removed from the store, it can't be redownloaded if it's then deleted off of your phone, but they should still be tied to your account I think (can someone confirm this please?).

My experience is strictly with Android and the Play Store. Some games are delisted from selling, but can still be found in your app library if you previously downloaded them. But on a rare occasion, a game is entirely delisted and can't be found there anymore either. This is an extra step that the publisher/developer can take, but most do not and simply delist or abandon them.

empovyle

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 01:35:50 pm »
As far as I understand, once a game has been removed from the store, it can't be redownloaded if it's then deleted off of your phone, but they should still be tied to your account I think (can someone confirm this please?).

My experience is strictly with Android and the Play Store. Some games are delisted from selling, but can still be found in your app library if you previously downloaded them. But on a rare occasion, a game is entirely delisted and can't be found there anymore either. This is an extra step that the publisher/developer can take, but most do not and simply delist or abandon them.

Thank you, appreciate the info. Can you redownload those unlisted games if they're in your app library? Just curious -- I'm not much of a mobile gamer and to be honest, I don't think I own any delisted games so I can't check lol.