Author Topic: Croc is coming back apparently.  (Read 733 times)

Croc is coming back apparently.
« on: June 07, 2023, 08:11:18 pm »
https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/06/croc-hd-is-in-development-says-argonaut-founder-jez-san

In the comment section the owner of the IP clarifies he bought the rights to all of Argonaut Software's IP in 2004. So maybe Buck Bumble and I-Ninja could also return someday.

Crash, Spyro, Bubsy, Voodoo Vince, Raz, Kao, Glover, Klonoa, Zool, James Pond, Conker sort of, Earthworm Jim maybe and now Croc.

I'm still waiting on Gex and Tak to return.

Re: Croc is coming back apparently.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 10:46:35 pm »
I'd no joke be into a Gex collection lol I remember liking the N64 Gex.  I never played Croc, so I'd be interested to see what a new one would being that I like 3D platformers.  I'd actually be more interested in seeing Buck Bumble get a re-release, maybe like a simple remaster for PC or something like we got for some other games like Star Wars Racer and such.

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 12:06:37 am »
I never played Croc, but it was right up my ally back in the 90s. If the dude ports the classics to modern platforms faithfully then this is a win in my book.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 02:56:37 am »
I loved the original Croc game! It was a very N64 feelign game on the PS1 (& PC/Saturn...) with plenty of charm. I still haven't played through the 2nd game properly as it took a more open world-ish adveture feel. Which is okay but the pacing was very slow at times.

I'd be all for this... or like I always say even just a port of the original through PS+

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 11:48:04 pm »
Oh yeah, Argonaut did make I-Ninja. That game did end on a cliffhanger....... maybe now a sequel could be a think if an I-Ninja rerelease happens. Same with Croc 2's ending now that I think about it...... OH WELL, at least there's a chance for that to be rectified too.

dhaabi

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2023, 10:20:24 am »
The IP was purchased nearly 20 years ago, but only now the franchise is being revisited? It's hard to say that Croc is "coming back," though. Had the news been of a remake, then I'd think otherwise.

alligo

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2023, 05:44:13 pm »
Omg I'm so happy, I've been waiting years for this news. It was my preferred game when I was kid.

it looks like it's just "hd smoothing", it would have been nice to have a collection of both games, I also hope they'll rework the controls.
https://vgcollect.com/alligo

I don't need a guitar, I'm a Rockstar

sworddude

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2023, 08:40:17 pm »
A new kingsley's adventure would be sweet
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2023, 12:47:18 am »
Gex is back woooo!!!

Warmsignal

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2023, 02:32:23 pm »
I want a new Croc game, not just a rehash.