Author Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants Unleashed revealed!  (Read 534 times)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants Unleashed revealed!
« on: March 05, 2024, 10:11:01 pm »
I've been waiting for this game ever since it was informally announced! This game was unusually announced in September 2023 for PC and unspecified consoles as a movie tie-in game for Mutant Mayhem along with an image showcasing the art style they're going for. It's unusual though because the publisher Outright Games does not typically announce games this far ahead of time, typically opting to announce a game a month or so prior to release.

Today, the title and a few screenshots were revealed via Game Informer. Possibly a first for an Outright Games title to get a formal, exclusive reveal by a gaming publication.The game is set after the movie. It is not due for release until the end of the year. The developer is aheartfulofgames who has worked on Heart&Slash as well as DreamWorks Spirit Lucky's Big Adventure and DreamWorks Dragons: Legends of The Nine Realms both for Outright Games. This is the first 3D Turtles games since 2016 when PlatinumGames released Mutants in Manhattan which was delisted just months after release but has a physical release that seems to be around $40 for a CIB used PS4 copy.

https://www.gameinformer.com/exclusive/2024/03/05/exclusive-first-details-and-screenshots-of-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles

It's easy to write off this game from the publisher but in my opinion Outright Games tends to release decent games for what they are. It also seems like they are taking extra care with this TMNT game given it's unusual rollout. I'm looking forward to it no matter what because I'm obsessed with this era of the Turtles and have watched Mutant Mayhem several times.

They have a continuation of Mutant Mayhem coming sometime this summer via the animated series Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which also takes place after the movie and the direct theatrical sequel film was just recently dated for October 9! ... of 2026. The series and game should be nice to make the wait feel less long at least.

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants Unleashed revealed!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 11:20:42 pm »
The publisher being a brand mill is a red flag and the developer not having done anything I recognize is not a good sign, but I would love for it to be good, I'm just not gonna have any expectations that it will.  That's not usually a great pairing.

Slightly related to this, there is another TMNT game coming, TMNT Arcade: Wrath of the Mutants, it's an older game that uses the 2012 era turtles, your average sidescroller beat-em-up, but could be fun maybe, not sure, never played it and didn't even know it existed till they announced it.  It'll even have new content.  Honestly, I'm kinda expecting this to be the better game of the two, it was at least considered decent enough for them to bring back and invest money into adding new content and bringing back the VA for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIomr5vOVAk

telekill

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 08:16:14 am »
Yeah... I wasn't a huge fan of the new Ninja Turtles for various reasons, including the art direction. Everything was ugly in that movie. They couldn't even make a stop light without making it ugly. Going to go with this instead as it's the Ninja Turtles my son enjoys the most:

Probably get him the Switch version though. Comes out end of April.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 09:28:00 am »
There's already even more screenshots out and the price is $39.99 while Outright Games has published some at $49.99. It also has a Walmart edition which has an early unlock costume which seems to apply you can just earn it in the game. Probably my most anticipated game this year.

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 10:47:32 am »
Last year's Apple Arcade exclusive TMNT game Splintered Fate is coming to Switch first and then other consoles. It's a co-op roguelike.

telekill

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024, 03:33:33 pm »
Last year's Apple Arcade exclusive TMNT game Splintered Fate is coming to Switch first and then other consoles. It's a co-op roguelike.

Appreciate the heads up. I like the art. Might have to look into this if they release a physical version. Hopefully it makes its way to PS5.

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2024, 01:37:07 am »
Not my favorite genre of game, Hades being kinda the only one I really got into, but the art looks decent and new TMNT is great.  It's honestly crazy how much TMNT stuff is out here now.  There's vintage re-issues of the 90's and 03 toys, there's the new movie, the new toyline, multiple crossovers with other toys like Transformers and Masters of the Universe, tons of game crossovers (Street Fighter 6, the Street Fighter mobile game, and I know there was another somewhere), an upcoming tv show, a game and seemingly a movie for The Last Ronin, and I'm probably missing other stuff too lol