Author Topic: April 2024 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased New  (Read 753 times)

doafan

A new month has started and everybody already knows what to do here.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

telekill

Re: April 2024 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased New
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 09:49:43 am »
My Playstation Plus sub granted me an unexpected surprise -- Gave me one of the games on my list:

As it's a subscription "freebie" I'm not adding it to my collection, but hey... saves me $70.

doafan

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 09:59:52 am »
As it's a subscription "freebie" I'm not adding it to my collection, but hey... saves me $70.

Excuse me but since when the games started to cost 70 bucks ?  :o

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 03:19:06 pm »

XB1 X and PS5 games started to retail for $70.

Personally, I won't add any freebies from PS+ anymore. Since they raised the price of that to $80 a year I'm just letting it die when my sub ends. I don't like playing online much anyway, and cloud storage has been hit or miss.

telekill

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 03:53:27 pm »

They started this gen. Not all games, but many now. Just played the Stellar Blade demo. It's fun, but I'm not spending the requested $70. There is one game per year, I'm willing to spend that on. Last year, it was Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (Switch). This year, it was FF7 Rebirth (PS5). Next year... who knows if I'll even be alive. There's certainly nothing that has a concrete release window that I'm looking forward too anymore.

doafan

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2024, 11:50:28 am »
XB1 X and PS5 games started to retail for $70.

Personally, I won't add any freebies from PS+ anymore. Since they raised the price of that to $80 a year I'm just letting it die when my sub ends. I don't like playing online much anyway, and cloud storage has been hit or miss.

Thats kinda expensive, in my case I cant even pay for an online subcription for the Nintendo Switch which is around the 25 bucks  :'(

They started this gen. Not all games, but many now. Just played the Stellar Blade demo. It's fun, but I'm not spending the requested $70. There is one game per year, I'm willing to spend that on. Last year, it was Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (Switch). This year, it was FF7 Rebirth (PS5). Next year... who knows if I'll even be alive. There's certainly nothing that has a concrete release window that I'm looking forward too anymore.

Guess I will have to wait another couple of years before getting my hands on a PS5 or a Xbox One, am saving money just to get an used PS4, by the way I saw some videos of Stellar Blade at TikTok and the game looks pretty decent, it seems that the main character is taking everybody attention with those "details"  8)

telekill

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2024, 03:44:18 pm »
Guess I will have to wait another couple of years before getting my hands on a PS5 or a Xbox One, am saving money just to get an used PS4, by the way I saw some videos of Stellar Blade at TikTok and the game looks pretty decent, it seems that the main character is taking everybody attention with those "details"  8)

Honestly, most games don't take long to have a price drop. 6-12 months and they're down by 30-50% -- especially on big days like Black Friday. Here's the thing. If you're working to snag a PS4... enjoy the PS4. It's a better library and 95% of modern releases are also on PS4. Unless you're wanting very specific games exclusive to PS5, which there aren't many, just wait for PS6 and see if it'll be PS5/4 backwards compatible. Maybe by then, the PS5 will have a library worth owning a system for.

doafan

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2024, 06:07:02 pm »
Honestly, most games don't take long to have a price drop. 6-12 months and they're down by 30-50% -- especially on big days like Black Friday. Here's the thing. If you're working to snag a PS4... enjoy the PS4. It's a better library and 95% of modern releases are also on PS4. Unless you're wanting very specific games exclusive to PS5, which there aren't many, just wait for PS6 and see if it'll be PS5/4 backwards compatible. Maybe by then, the PS5 will have a library worth owning a system for.

Not gonna lie to you, I want as well a PS3, have been reading a lot these past months and it seems that isnt that hard to release the true power of this console, for what have seen they aren that expensive anymore, might get one here if I manage to get one used in a Pawn Shop, thats how I got a Wii, a DSi, a PS Vita as well a 3DS, its kinda hard to get as many consoles/games when you are married and you are the only one that works at home, I said hard but not impossible  8)

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2024, 10:03:09 pm »

Not gonna lie to you, I want as well a PS3, have been reading a lot these past months and it seems that isnt that hard to release the true power of this console, for what have seen they aren that expensive anymore, might get one here if I manage to get one used in a Pawn Shop, thats how I got a Wii, a DSi, a PS Vita as well a 3DS, its kinda hard to get as many consoles/games when you are married and you are the only one that works at home, I said hard but not impossible  8)

Telekill is right about the PS5. I have one, it's a nice system...but there isn't really anything must have about it yet. Most games are still on PS4.

If you are thinking about a PS3...I'd say do it. It's a great system (I just bought another yesterday...I found one and was like...why the heck not), and I personally think PS3's and 360's are only going to rise in value. It was the last gen you could really just plug in and play with out relying on the internet.

telekill

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2024, 09:15:00 am »
If you are thinking about a PS3...I'd say do it. It's a great system (I just bought another yesterday...I found one and was like...why the heck not), and I personally think PS3's and 360's are only going to rise in value. It was the last gen you could really just plug in and play with out relying on the internet.

Agreed. The PS3 era was in many ways the pinnacle of gaming, at least for me. Series like Uncharted, Mass Effect, and Witcher were born in this era. The PS4 improved upon them graphically and was a great consolidation system, bringing many favorites from various eras and ecosystems into one place.

To give you an idea, I've had a PS5 since launch and only 3 generation exclusive games were interesting enough for me to buy...
 - A Plague Tale Requiem
 - Star Wars Jedi Survivor
 - FF7 Rebirth

All my other PS5 games are also on PS4... including the newest God of War.

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2024, 01:40:04 pm »
Gamecube
- Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2
- Star Fox Adventures

DS
- Avalon Code
- Luminous Arc 2

Switch
- Blasphemous II
- Dead or School
- Drainus
- Front Mission 2nd: Remake
- Gungrave G.O.R.E: Enhanced Edition
- King of Fighters XIII: Global Match
- Mario Vs Donkey Kong
- Pikmin 1 + 2
- Salt & Sanctuary
- WarioWare: Move It!

PS1
- Legend of Dragoon, The
- Fear Effect
- Fear Effect 2

PS2
- Ape Escape 2
- Ape Escape 3
- Grandia III
- Red Star, The

PS5
- Chorus
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade

XBox
- Rallisport Challenge 2
- Tony Hawk’s Underground
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

tripredacus

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2024, 12:43:23 pm »
Visit to thrift store. Daddoo actually got me the COD book. And my 2nd attempt to buy a cheap 360 and hope that it works.

PC
Deer Avenger
Deer Hunter II The Hunt Continues
Triple Play Baseball

Strategy Guides
Call of Duty Ghosts HC

XBox 360 Consoles
Microsoft Xbox 360 60 GB

dhaabi

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2024, 01:41:34 pm »
It's a shame that the first item is now so costly, especially considering it's one that my household used to own but was lost after either being donated or (likely) thrown away.

PlayStation 2
Silent Hill: Origins

PlayStation 4
Yakuza 0

PlayStation 5
Demon's Souls

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2024, 08:54:11 pm »
Just got back from a few weeks in Japan and while I didn't go for game hunting, I did pick up a few SFC games.

CiB:

Thoroughbred Breeder
Super Bomberman 3
Sim Earth
Final Fantasy V

Loose:

Super Back to the Future II

tripredacus

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2024, 09:49:56 am »
Completed a trade locally where I traded an Apple IIe Platinum with dual FDD for a Pioneer MSX PX-7 with keyboard and Sky Jaguar.