Author Topic: What is your video game bounty? (Video Game Sins forum game)  (Read 1936 times)

What is your video game bounty? (Video Game Sins forum game)
« on: November 16, 2018, 07:16:45 pm »
Hello everyone :)

I have a fun game to play in the forums with everyone inspired by Red Dead's bounty system and how certain crimes warrant harsher bounties to be placed on you. :D.  I am going to list a list off some of the most damning Video game sins a gamer or anyone could do in the world of gaming.  And assign a money value to each and I want to ask what your total bounty is?   You will see what I mean below.  The bounty on your head may say a lot about you and the type of collector you are but probably not :)  Below are some of the hollowed grounds in which gamers have walked the path of the dark side of gaming and done the forbidden either as a naive child or just by mistake.   Each has a money value that places the bounty on your head.  Let's see who is the GREATEST OUTLAW OF ALL OF VG COLLECT. 

Crimes

Wrote your name on a cartridge with sharpie -  10$
Threw out the box to a game as a kid or adult - 20$
Traded in a game to gamestop for less than a 10th it's value -  10$
Called someone the N word on Xbox Live - 100$
Ever said the phrase "Genesis does what Nintendon't" unironically - 150$
Shipped a video game box to someone in a bubble mailer -  2,250$
Placed the price sticker on the inside cover of the game instead of the case - 1,200,000$
Bought your child or gamer relative a DVD for christmas suckering them into thinking it was a game due to it's shape. - 10$
Unplugged the console because you lost to your sybling in a game - 100$
Cheated without the other person knowing - 10$
Spoiled the ending to a JRPG or any game ruining someone's experience of the game.  - 200$
Deleted someone's save file of their memory card deliberately - 15,000$
Got a game you already had but didn't pretend to be happy - 10$
Bought the zelda wallet off the gamestop counter lol - 10$
Ever used the term "Get rekt noob" unironically -  100$
Ever made fun of someone for liking a certain console (console wars) - 20$
Ever made fun of full set collectors for buying shovelware to fulfill their goal -  50$
Ever hit the reset button while your friend was playing SNES or NES - 200,000$
Any time a game puts a gay or minority protagonist, you label it "pandering" - 200$
Moved an Xbox 360 while the disc was spinning causing it to scratch - 10$
Claimed a high score that wasn't yours at the arcade or stole your friends armor - 20$
Camped during objective based games causing your team to lose - 5$
Ever said the phrase "PC master race" unironically - 300$
Make fun of Nintendo yet buy all their stuff (Everyone lol  ;D) - Free pass
Preordered and purchased No Man's Sky :( - 3$
Threw a controller or broke a TV or game in rage  - 5$
Walked in front of the TV while someone was fighting a boss - 15$
Borrowed someone's game but kept it for over 2 weeks without notice. - 20$
Named Link anything other then Link in Orcarina of Time/LTTP - 100$

Ok folks,  their is the bounty list.  Some of the most wanted offenses in this county :).   What is your bounty?  Are you wanted dead or alive, are you getting strung up in town square?  Or are you just getting a warning? 

My bounty is 265 dollars.   I have wrote my name with sharpie before unfortunately as a kid threw out the boxes too,  I have camped during objective games, raged and unplugged the console and such.  :)

Thanks for playing. :)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 07:25:42 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

Re: What is your video game bounty? (Video Game Sins forum game)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 07:31:40 pm »
35$

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 08:33:12 pm »
$160 + Free Pass

I really don't agree on certain things being weighted so heavily, but there you go.

Oh, and I imagine if anyone is a former Gamestop employee their bounty is going to be sky high lol.

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 11:14:21 pm »
45$

Threw out DS/GB boxes
Broke multiple controllers lmao
Borrowed a game and never gave it back lol (not intentionally tho)

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 12:18:34 am »
$35, for throwing out boxes as a kid, trading games into Gamestop, and throwing a controller in rage.

In my defense- I grew out of the box-tossing young enough that going through my stuff one day I found the boxes to Zelda: Oracle of ages & Oracle of Seasons folded flat & stored in some old papers. Completely forgot I'd kept them. I can name the last 3 games I sold to Gamestop- Fighting Force, Lode Runner, Alundra for PS1. So that's a not-much crime either. And when I throw controllers (it's rarely), it's always on a bed/couch for safety.

So... what's the bounty for:

-intentionally cutting up the sleeve of a promo disc to force it into a jewel case
-finding out someone got a defective used game from gamestop and talking them into selling you the manual before they return it

'Cuz I've done both of those, too!

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2018, 02:04:42 am »
Hello everyone :)

I have a fun game to play in the forums with everyone inspired by Red Dead's bounty system and how certain crimes warrant harsher bounties to be placed on you. :D.  I am going to list a list off some of the most damning Video game sins a gamer or anyone could do in the world of gaming.  And assign a money value to each and I want to ask what your total bounty is?   You will see what I mean below.  The bounty on your head may say a lot about you and the type of collector you are but probably not :)  Below are some of the hollowed grounds in which gamers have walked the path of the dark side of gaming and done the forbidden either as a naive child or just by mistake.   Each has a money value that places the bounty on your head.  Let's see who is the GREATEST OUTLAW OF ALL OF VG COLLECT. 

Crimes

I did all of the items in bold at some point in my life.  99% of these were done ~30 years ago.  My brother and I had huge sibling rivalry when we were kids.  It was pretty ugly.

Wrote your name on a cartridge with sharpie -  10$
Traded in a game to gamestop for less than a 10th it's value -  10$
Called someone the N word on Xbox Live - 100$
Shipped a video game box to someone in a bubble mailer -  2,250$
Placed the price sticker on the inside cover of the game instead of the case - 1,200,000$
Bought your child or gamer relative a DVD for christmas suckering them into thinking it was a game due to it's shape. - 10$
Unplugged the console because you lost to your sybling in a game - 100$
Spoiled the ending to a JRPG or any game ruining someone's experience of the game.  - 200$
Deleted someone's save file of their memory card deliberately - 15,000$
Bought the zelda wallet off the gamestop counter lol - 10$
Ever made fun of full set collectors for buying shovelware to fulfill their goal -  50$
Ever hit the reset button while your friend was playing SNES or NES - 200,000$
Any time a game puts a gay or minority protagonist, you label it "pandering" - 200$
Claimed a high score that wasn't yours at the arcade or stole your friends armor - 20$
Make fun of Nintendo yet buy all their stuff (Everyone lol  ;D) - Free pass
Preordered and purchased No Man's Sky :( - 3$
Threw a controller or broke a TV or game in rage  - 5$
Walked in front of the TV while someone was fighting a boss - 15$
Borrowed someone's game but kept it for over 2 weeks without notice. - 20$

Grand total: $200,700

ffxik

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 03:11:15 am »
I threw out a number of boxes as a kid. So there's $20

It wasn't Gamestop but Game Exchange and yeah, it hurt just as bad. So $10 
That was the first and last time I traded in a game.

To elaborate I had gotten fed up with SaGa Frontier II.  I wanted to trade it in for anything at that point.  So I went to the aforementioned store and noticed a copy on the shelf for 34.95, I'm fairly sure it was a lvl 3 game.  So after going through what they had I settled on Monster Seed which was a lvl 1 game for 9.95.  Took both to the counter and traded in Saga for store credit.  Still paid $8.87 for Monster Seed.  Lesson learned.  The guy who owned it couldn't figure out why he went under.  Yes the copy I traded in was complete and near flawless.

In my younger years I was hard on controllers.  I never threw them, I instead twisted them in two.  $5  Though I do have a friend who had the best rage quit I had ever witnessed.  We gave him guff about it for years.

Walked in front of the TV.  Though in my defense with the way mine and my brothers room was set up.  If you needed to leave the room to go to the bathroom or get snacks.  You were crossing in front of who ever was playing.  There was no avoiding it.  $15

I had a thing for the name Vegeta when I was in my early teens.  So my clear data on OoT and MM is under that, or Vegetto.   :-\  $100

Total $150.00 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 03:14:28 am by ffxik »

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 09:07:34 am »
I really don't agree on certain things being weighted so heavily, but there you go.
I agree.  Some of these look totally arbitrary.

That said:

$140

sworddude

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 10:03:55 am »
Great thread there I really like this idea good stuff.

Bounty 17945$

Criminal ranking:

Ganondorf king of disrespect

Shipped a video game box to someone in a bubble mailer -  2,250$ lol ::) as in a empty case as an april fools joke or as in normal someone needing an empty case I have done both anyways.

Bought your child or gamer relative a DVD for christmas suckering them into thinking it was a game due to it's shape. - 10$  8) Who doesn't

Cheated without the other person knowing - 10$  Glorious times to see those shocked faces at how someone does something in a game with cheats or hacks versus someone who doesn't know how to use them or is aware of them some still don't know how I did it and still believe it Good stuff.  8)

stole your friends armor - 20$ 

Ever made fun of full set collectors for buying shovelware to fulfill their goal -  50$ Some games are just so bad I'm pretty sure at some point pretty much everyone including full set collectors them selves with examples as my little pony thomas train etc.

Threw out the box to a game as a kid or adult - 20$ withouth hesitation quite often actually on cheap games if it's damaged or if I really hate a certain game it will just get thrown in the abyss as a whole no shits given.

Deleted someone's save file of their memory card deliberately - 15,000$ yes ofcourse If I get a 2nd hand memory cards in a sets for personal use i will withouth hesitation. I have cleared wonderfull memories of hundreds of people withouth giving any shits I'm the king of evil himself  :o

« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:47:51 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2018, 10:45:58 am »
Deleted someone's save file of their memory card deliberately - 15,000$ yes ofcourse If I get a 2nd hand memory cards in a sets for personal use i will withouth hestitation. I have cleared wonderfull memories of hundreds of people withouth giving any shits I'm the king of evil himself  :o

No, I think you're clear on this one... the bounty is for deleting THEIR memory card. If you bought it, then you're deleting YOUR memory card- that happens to have someone else's files on it becuase it was used. Not the same!

sworddude

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 10:51:02 am »
Deleted someone's save file of their memory card deliberately - 15,000$ yes ofcourse If I get a 2nd hand memory cards in a sets for personal use i will withouth hestitation. I have cleared wonderfull memories of hundreds of people withouth giving any shits I'm the king of evil himself  :o

No, I think you're clear on this one... the bounty is for deleting THEIR memory card. If you bought it, then you're deleting YOUR memory card- that happens to have someone else's files on it becuase it was used. Not the same!

It's not the same but the sentence isn't specific so both things can be done.

Besides most normal people would have some feelings of nostalgia, respect etc when they see those FF save files in wich case people spend hundreds of hours on while I just hammer them down as if it's nothing not giving any shits in the efforts that were put into it. No feelings at all. I'm keeping this one not to mention the amounts of memory cards that I have cleared in comparison to most others  ::)
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 06:34:15 pm »
Some of mine are not already listed above and I am not proud with any of these things, but times used to be harsh for me.

1: Left CD's out of their cases on nearly all my PC games growing up and they got scratched to the point of useless.

2: a complete stranger let me Borrow 2 GBA games and she said she wanted them back. But months seemed to go by and I moved and she was never seen again be me.

and 2 years later I gave the 2 GBA games away but I forgot temporarily that a stranger loan those games to me. She never returned or bothered to contact me to return the games, and I never saw her again ever.  I hope she is not mad at me, but she never tried as far as I know to get them back. I was living at a run down group home shelter at this time in my life. One of the games was Sonic the hedgehog and I forgot what the other one was

3: Sold a dirty, barely working N64 console with 4 Nintendo brand controllers and a bunch of sports titles to someone who didn't really want it for $20. I bought food with the money and convinced the man that even if the console didn't work for him he could always sell the 4 controllers and games for at least 2 times as much then the $20 he gave me for it on the internet
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2018, 07:12:13 pm »
Great thread there I really like this idea good stuff.

Bounty 17945$

Criminal ranking:

Ganondorf king of disrespect

Shipped a video game box to someone in a bubble mailer -  2,250$ lol ::) as in a empty case as an april fools joke or as in normal someone needing an empty case I have done both anyways.

Bought your child or gamer relative a DVD for christmas suckering them into thinking it was a game due to it's shape. - 10$  8) Who doesn't

Cheated without the other person knowing - 10$  Glorious times to see those shocked faces at how someone does something in a game with cheats or hacks versus someone who doesn't know how to use them or is aware of them some still don't know how I did it and still believe it Good stuff.  8)

stole your friends armor - 20$ 

Ever made fun of full set collectors for buying shovelware to fulfill their goal -  50$ Some games are just so bad I'm pretty sure at some point pretty much everyone including full set collectors them selves with examples as my little pony thomas train etc.

Threw out the box to a game as a kid or adult - 20$ withouth hesitation quite often actually on cheap games if it's damaged or if I really hate a certain game it will just get thrown in the abyss as a whole no shits given.

Deleted someone's save file of their memory card deliberately - 15,000$ yes ofcourse If I get a 2nd hand memory cards in a sets for personal use i will withouth hesitation. I have cleared wonderfull memories of hundreds of people withouth giving any shits I'm the king of evil himself  :o

For the bubble mailer question, I mean more like N64 boxes or SNES boxes.  Something cardboard.  Like an Ebayer bought a box off of you weather it be a CE edition box or amiibo and you shipped it in a bubble mailer instead of packaging it properly and then it most likely get's squished in transit :(   ;D

And for the memory card one, I should have been more specific but I mean more like deleting your brother or friends saves to be spiteful or to make room for your stuff and ruining all their hard work.  :) 

Thanks for playing everyone :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:16:50 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

wolfen

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2018, 02:25:08 am »
Nothing too crazy for me.

Traded in a game to gamestop for less than a 10th it's value -  10$ - I mean, who hasn't?
Camped during objective based games causing your team to lose - 5$ - Sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't, it's a gamble.
Threw a controller or broke a TV or game in rage  - 5$ - I have broken control sticks on a few xbox controllers unfortunately as a teen.
Named Link anything other then Link in Orcarina of Time/LTTP - 100$ - I have never played these Zelda games so technically no, unless all other Zelda games count, because I have used my name before.

So $20-$120 isn't too bad.

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2018, 11:24:28 am »
Some of mine are not already listed above and I am not proud with any of these things, but times used to be harsh for me.

1: Left CD's out of their cases on nearly all my PC games growing up and they got scratched to the point of useless.

Do you one better- we had a friend do that to Valkyrie Profile on PS1. After repeated warnings from us. And knowing it was a $100 game (at the time.)

We actually went proper Western Posse on her after she told us- drug her to a GameStop, made her buy a bottle of scratch repair fluid, took the game & fluid away from her, & gave the game back after it was working again. We kept the fluid to fix our own discs that she messed up.

She lost the game completely within a month of this happening.